Friday 22 February 2008

Empire Building Take One: The Sand And Water Way!

I started building my empire in January 2007 and had lots of fun learning about the wonders and pitfalls of working with flexi prims! Ok I admit I was useless! I made some lovely skirts and as soon as I added flex they drooped and hung around my knees and ankles! Mmmm I must have been doing something wrong! I worked on it for a few days before realising that the flex clearly works from bottom to top rather than top to bottom! I had cracked it! I made my first two flexi dresses, Lava Queen and Blue Lagoon.

Ok so that was surely it, I could just make clothes now! wOOt! I decided to make a cute black leather zip-up corset and thong set; your virtual life isn’t complete until you own one and ladies can wear them too!! I downloaded a set of Chip Midnight templates and set to work. It didn’t take very long and soon I was ready to upload. First was the corset, everything went great and it looked cool, not bad for a first try! Then time for the thong, how could anything go wrong now? I paid my L$10 for the texture upload and created a new set of underpants but strangely something HAD gone wrong!! My thong - from the front - looked like a pair of shorts that had split up the inner leg. I took another look at the texture and decided I had obviously created too much fabric so I started to reduce it, shorter and shorter. A dozen or so uploads later I gave up, I was defeated. It was a painful experience and I couldn’t think about anything else for days. “OK one more try” I thought to myself, and this time….. It worked!!! I wished there had been a way to test the textures without paying L$10 each time, but accepted that succeeding was worth all the L$ I had wasted! It took me many more months, but I finally found the preview clothing feature on the upload screen!!! “Can I get my wasted L$ back now please?”!!

No comments: