Friday 22 February 2008

When VR Designs Met Fnordian Furniture


One morning I was minding my own business - literally - building a new store for my Plush Rho site when I got a new IM; it was from Fnordian Link. I know that name from somewhere… Ah yes, he teamed up with Shep Korvin to provide us with ‘Whats in the box?’ from Lucky Designs. He was also involved in the same testing group for Shep’s 3rd Generation Lucky Chair as I was.


Knowing that I have been a tester before, Fnordian asked me to test his new ‘Security System’, and as I knew he works with some of the better known Second Life® residents, I assumed he was reliable and the project wouldn’t be too time consuming and so was happy to help out. The system is great, very easy to use, menu driven and does exactly what it says on the box. Having run some tests and used the security system for a few weeks with everything running smoothly I was confident that he was a top quality scripter. I visited his new store in Blue Moon and purchased a multiporter system and what can I say? Another high quality product, easy to use and does everything I want… and more! I had a conversation with Fnordian and told him about my current project - still top secret - and to cut a long story short I bought a clever little script from him.


Fnordian’s texture changing script is fantastic, just what I wanted for my project! I had intended to manually change textures by dragging them from my inventory as and when I needed. Now all I have to do - after pre-loading my textures - is click on my 2 prim object to access a menu system that not only gives me the option to use any of the many loaded textures, but also the ability to add colour, bump mapping, shininess, full bright, transparency, etc etc. This script has so many uses, I have also added it to my photo booth (available for public use at the side of my store in Plush Rho). It would be a great tool for builders who want to experiment with texture effects via a menu driven system rather than through the drop down menus within the edit control box; fewer mouse clicks for great timesaving. Once satisfied with their project all they have to do is remove the script and textures to fix the changes. The script is on sale at Fnordian Furniture for a fantastic price of only L$300. Should you have any questions I am sure Fnordian would be happy to help you out, but if you would like to see it in action check out my photo booth, just click the floor to set the floor texture and the background to change the background texture!


The script is also available on SLX and OnRez.


Thank you Fnordian for such a great versatile script at such a bargain price. A retail outlet can only be as good as the materials the owners use!



No comments: