Friday 22 February 2008

Empire Building Take Two: One Part Cement, Two parts Sand & One Part Water!

I may have climbed the ‘learning curve from hell’ but things would get much easier from here for sure! I had shown my work to my friend TE Yates along the way and she offered me a small shop in her mini mall. Thank you TE, where would I be today without you? In return for her kindness I gave her a full perm copy of my two dresses for her to put into her Lucky Chair - whatever that was - and asked her to set the perms for next owner to ‘No Copy’ when she distributed them. She did exactly as I asked and I tested it with her - though it took many resets to get the chair to call a V - I figured that it would be nice to let people pass the dress on to a friend if they hated it or had already won one. Mistake number…. What am I up to? Three??


One morning I logged in and went over to my little shop only to find somebody had rented the shop next door and put my dresses up for sale at half the box price. How could this be? I was very upset, after all I had gone through, someone was trying to sell MY hard work as their own. As it turns out they were single copies that he had won from the Lucky Chair a mere 20 metres away. Once TE came online and I spoke with her it was cleared up quickly but I my confidence had been dented. The freeloader himself actually became a friend, though sadly he has since left the SL™ community completely. SO just in case you ever read this, thank you Ernesto, you helped me in the hardest of ways!


So having learnt a lesson about the lack of morality in our previously lovely, happy, flowery world I decided that freebies were best set to No Transfer! I continued to grow my collection and opened a bigger store on a rented 512 square metre parcel in Bunyip. I installed four of these ‘Lucky Chair’ things that TE had and business started booming. So my third big thank you is to Shep Korvin of Lucky Designs for his fantastic invention. If you don’t know what a Lucky Chair is… where have you been? Get yourself over the Bermuda immediately and start living a lucky life!!





Pictured Right: Bunyip April 2007- my first 'real' store... featuring my four lucky chairs (spot me on the left in my 'little black dress')

1 comment:

Shep Korvin said...

Awww, shucks, you're welcome. Glad the chairs helped you get started :)